Translate

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Time flies..

Time flies.. It’s almost a month ago since we were in Birmingham. Jacqueline and I went there to teach at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC. Not that I was teaching, I was with Jacqueline to support her, and for taking pictures of course. What a great time we had there. Birmingham is a great city to visit, it has a fantastic city center and an awesome shopping mall. We spend a good day shopping, as you can imagine. Unfortunately we had only one day for exploring Birmingham, so we definitely need to come back. It was just great!


And there was work to do. Jacqueline’s class was filled with 15 lovely ladies, who eagerly looked forward to get lessons from Miss BeColourful herself as being the first English class to teach. Jacqueline was quite nervous about it. But there was no need for. English ladies are just as lovely as all the other quilt ladies from all over the world. And those two days flew by.

We had some time to walk around the festival floor and oh, we did. Jacqueline had a fun time walking around, visiting all those fabric booths, touching and sniffing at all those beautiful materials and trying not to buy anything, and I had a fun time taking pictures. And oh, there were so many great items that had to be photographed. Fabrics, Jacqueline touching fabrics, more fabrics, Jacqueline petting fabrics, fabrics, Jacqueline buying fabrics, and so on.

And as I said before, time flies and we had to go back home again. 

Love, Bridget and Jacqueline 







3 comments:

  1. Nothing says "love" like a quilter touching, petting, sniffing, cuddling fabrics! I hope she found some great treasures again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqueline enjoyed every minute, I can tell you that ;) The pics here, are just a few from many I took, he he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. I was so surprised to see your blog and website. I am on my way to see your facebook and pinterest. I have admired your work for a few years. I purchased a pattern and have been waiting until I get the courage to start. Needless to say, I'm still waiting. Thank you for updating and posting on many sites. I will use them as a reference when I start the pattern. I read that you will be back to Idaho in 2015. I hope to see you there and take a class and learn from the most colorful quilter. Again, thank you. I will stop by often. --Sarah

    ReplyDelete